Friday, April 20, 2018

Taco Birthday Party

My 10 year old son is OBSESSED with tacos!  So, of course, we had a taco themed birthday party!

Here are the invitations I made.  If you would like to purchase the clip art I used to make these, you can find it HERE.  The fun font in green is "JI Chimichanga".

For food, we had a taco bar obviously!  I was surprised how much the kids liked this but I guess they are used to pizza only at parties!  They LOVED the taco bar and the queso!
Here is all the food we had:
Crunchy taco shells & tortillas
Ground beef & grilled fajita chicken
Shredded cheese
Lettuce, tomato, black beans, corn, & jalapenos
Mexican rice
Sour cream, salsa, & guacamole
Queso & chips

For dessert, we had taco cupcakes!  To make the taco, I cut sugar cookies in half and "glued" them together with chocolate frosting.  I sprinkled crumbled brownies over the chocolate frosting.  I piped green "lettuce" frosting over the brownies with a star tip and added lines of white "sour cream" frosting with a small round tip.  For the yellow "cheese", I melted white chocolate and colored it yellow with candy color (you can NOT use normal food coloring).  I piped it in long thin lines on wax paper and froze it.  Once it was frozen, I cut it into the shredded cheese shapes and added it to the tacos.  The red "tomatoes" are mini M&M's.  These were SO cute and yummy too!

For the favors, we did paper tacos with lollipops and fidget spinners with taco stickers on them.  I got the fidget spinners & taco stickers on Amazon.  I made the paper tacos by cutting yellow card stock using THIS pattern on my Silhouette.  I folded the tacos up and taped them on the sides.  I added brown shredded paper in the bottom and brown, green, red, and yellow lollipops around the top.  I used double sided tape to secure the lollipops if needed.  The gift tags said "Muchas Gracias" and can be downloaded HERE.

I hope you have as much fun at your taco party as we did at ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment