Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas Stars for Teachers

I am making these beautiful Christmas stars as part of our teacher gifts this year.  Simply glue together 5 yard sticks in a star shape using E6000 glue.  Spray paint the star white.  Paint small clothespins with white acrylic paint.  Do 2-3 coats for both of these.  Glue the clothespins to the star.  I made the JOY banner using my Silhouette and strung it across the star.  I'm going to take individual pictures of the kids in the class and cut them out with my 2" circle punch.  Then, I'm going to mount each picture on a piece of scrapbook paper punched with my 2.5" scallop punch and put these on the star using the clothespins.  I think it will be so cute!  The teachers will be able to leave the star as is or put Christmas cards on it or string it with white lights to hang.  I hope they love it!


I put wax paper squares underneath the places I glued.  I had to use glasses as weights in a couple of places too until the glue dried.

Here is the star without the pictures on it.  I can't wait to see it all put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment