Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes for our playgroup egg hunt and for my 4 year old's class.  They were easy and very cute! 

For cakes, I always use Duncan Hines butter cake mix.  To the dry mix, I add one small instant french vanilla pudding dry mix then make as directed (3 eggs, water, 1 stick butter).  Next, bake as directed for cupcakes and let cool. 

For icing, I use Wilton's buttercream recipe.  I change it up some when I am making white icing (see step 4 on the Wilton link) but for any colored icing, I follow this recipe.  I made 48 cupcakes and 2 recipes of icing, which I tinted "leaf green".

I spread a thin layer of icing on the cooled cupcakes.  I placed 2 Cadbury mini eggs on each cupcake, then added grass icing in the middle, and then added the 3rd egg.  Next, I added green icing with Ateco tip #133 to make grass all around the eggs (instructions for grass technique HERE). 


For the preschool ones, I added a bunny topper, placed them in clear plastic cups, and then placed them in cute Easter bags to hand out individually.  Happy Easter!



   

1 comment: