Monday, February 6, 2012

Heart Crayons

My sons and I made heart-shaped crayons for their friends this year.  The boys really enjoyed making them and they turned out super cute!  I saw this idea on Pinterest, originally from Chef Messy.

Here are the steps:
1.  Group old (or new) crayons into color groups.
2.  Remove paper from crayons.  I used an open pair of scissors and trimmed along the paper seam for best results.














3.  Break crayons into smaller pieces and chop.  I used my vegetable chopper (I was able to get it relatively clean afterwards by soaking in hot water, then scrubbing, and running through the dishwasher).

4.  Put chopped crayons into a cheap craft box with divisions so kids can pick and choose their own color combinations.


5.  Spoon crayons into a silicone heart shaped mold.

6.  Bake in oven or toaster oven at 250 degrees until completely melted (about 15-20 minutes).
7.  Remove from oven and let cool completely (about 30 minutes).
8.  Pop crayons out of silicone mold by pushing inside out.
9.  Print HERE onto red cardstock and trim with 2.5" circle punch.
10.  Use a loop of scotch tape to mount heart crayons to the cards.  All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment