Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Jurassic Park Trunk or Treat

This past year, we did a Jurassic Park trunk.  We've always focused on the costumes instead of the trunk but we decided to do both this time!  

The inflatable costumes were hilarious!  My youngest was a T-Rex, I was a Velociraptor, our dog was a T-Rex, my husband was a park ranger (we needed someone with mobility to hand out the candy!), and my oldest was a Triceratops. My youngest ran around the whole time which the kids thought was so funny!  The Triceratops costume was huge, so my oldest could hardly move!  

For the outside of the trunk, I collected similar size cardboard boxes and wrapped them in black wrapping paper.  (the liquor store is a great place to get similar size boxes!)  We taped them together to form an arch.  Then, I wrapped the sides in spiderwebs and added the lanterns which were black cardstock cones stuffed with red, yellow, and orange tissue paper.  I ordered a Jurassic Park movie poster (Amazon) for the top and added green cardstock dinosaur footprints on the ground.  

For the inside of the trunk, I ordered camo netting (Amazon) and added fake ivy and palm leaves (Amazon).  I also stung a "danger! high voltage" sign (Amazon again) in front of our dog.

Everyone really loved the trunk and the costumes and we loved making our community kids smile!  










No comments:

Post a Comment