Monday, October 1, 2018

Star Wars Trunk or Treat

Our church does a Trunk or Treat event for the community every year.  We decided to participate as a family this year.  I hoped it would be something fun for us to do together since my kids are getting older and less "into" Halloween (well, at least the teenager!)  It was a blast and we are already talking about / negotiating what theme we will do next year!

For this year, we decided on the classic, never-fails Star Wars theme.  I focused less on the trunk itself and more on our costumes and the photo booth.

Here's the whole group!  My husband was Darth Vader, I was Princess Leia, my 13 year old was Hans Solo, my 10 year old was Luke Skywalker, and our dog was Yoda!  Everyone loved seeing the dog dressed up! 

For the trunk, I covered the back in black using black plastic tablecloths and black felt.  I added the Death Star inflatable hung from the ceiling (Amazon).  I made a Star Wars banner with silver foil cardstock.  But, the center of attention was Yoda!

 My next favorite thing (besides the costumes) was the photo booth!  I borrowed the PVC backdrop frame from a friend and added starry plastic tablecloths as the backdrop.  Then I had tons of quotes and masks for people to use and take their own Star Wars pictures.  I purchased the masks HERE.  I made the quotes and you can download them HERE.  For photo booth props, I usually print them on white card stock, laminate them, and hot glue a wooden skewer to the back.  This was a big hit and created lots of cute photo opportunities!


Trunk or Treat was so much fun!  I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment