Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Christmas Light Thumbprint Plate

I LOVE how this Christmas light thumbprint plate turned out!!  I made this with the thumbprints of everyone in the class and gave it to the teacher for Christmas (plus a gift card of course).  It is a precious keepsake!

I found the white square plate at Wal-mart.  I used my Silhouette to cut red vinyl into "Merry & Bright" (Boingo font).  I added the string for the lights with a sharpie and made sure to have the perfect number of sockets where the thumbprints would go.

Next, I added the kids' thumbprints. To keep track of whose thumbprint was whose, I made a copy of the plate beforehand and wrote in each name at the spot they put their thumbprint.   I let them pick whatever color they wanted - red, green, blue or yellow.  Once the thumbprints were dry, I added the kids' names with a thin sharpie beside their thumbprint.  LOVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment