Thursday, July 30, 2015

Birthday Banner

Y'all know I have a thing for banners!  I needed one for my son's 11th birthday and decided to make a generic one that I could use for any birthday!  Using my Silhouette, I cut polka-dot scrapbook paper (found at Hobby Lobby) into pendants.  I cut orange cardstock into circles and then cut white cardstock into the letters & numbers (Hallandale Deco font).  I went ahead and cut every number so that I would have them to change out & use for any birthday.  For the "Happy birthday!" pennants, I assemble the pennant, circle, & letter and then laminated it.  For the number pennant, I assembled the pennant & circle and then laminated it.  I then laminated all of the numbers separately.  I attached the "11th" to the outside of the pennant with an adhesive foam square.  Because the pennant was laminated, it came off easily after the party was over.  I also went ahead and cut a birthday cake Silhouette shape with the white cardstock.  I laminated it as well and thought I could use it in place of a number if someone didn't want the number on display!

No comments:

Post a Comment