Thursday, July 30, 2015

2015 Teacher Gifts

These are all the teacher gifts I did at the end of this year.  Everyone really enjoyed them!

As the room mom, I always take up money for a gift card for the teacher, but I also like to do a little something sentimental too!  This year, I bound together a book the kids had made and also created a When I Grow Up picture collage!  

For the book, I had the kids fill out a form with questions and draw a picture.  Then, I made a cover and laminated each page.  I used the school's binding machine to put it all together (although a copy store could do this too).  It turned out so cute!  You can download the form HERE


For the When I Grow up picture, I took a picture of each child holding a chalkboard sign that said what they wanted to be when they grow up.  I created a Shutterfly poster and input all of the pictures.  The writing part was a bit complicated because I couldn't just insert a text box.  Instead, I had to create pictures with the words I wanted and input them into the poster.  There has to be an easier way, but I'm not sure what it is!  I framed the poster and it was adorable anyway! 

For our administrators and other teachers, I made coasters that they could use at their desks!  Coasters are really easy to make and I love this cute scrapbook paper!  The supplies you'll need are: plain white 4x4" tiles (found at Lowe's), scrapbook paper, cork roll with adhesive (found at Hobby Lobby), Mod Podge, clear polyurethane, & a paper trimmer or scissors.  
  1. Cut scrapbook paper into 4x4" squares.
  2. Apply Mod Podge to the back of scrapbook paper and the top of the tile.  Place scrapbook paper on top of tile.  Let dry.
  3. Apply Mod Podge to the top of the scrapbook paper on the tile.  Let dry completely.
  4. Paint a coat of polyurethane to the top of the scrapbook paper on the tile.  Let dry.
  5. Cut cork into 4x4" squares and adhere to the back of the tile.



I wrapped each coaster in tulle & attached a tag that said "Hope you 'coast' through the summer!"  You can download the tags HERE.  The teachers loved these!

For our custodians and cafeteria workers, I made brownies, placed them on star shaped dishes (found at Dollar Tree), & attached a cute tag!  You can print the tag HERE.

My kids love handing out gifts to everyone at our school and personally telling them "Thank you!" for a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment