Thursday, March 14, 2013

Monogrammed Bags

I found these cute jute handbags at Hobby Lobby for just $8 (less with a coupon)!  I decided I wanted one for myself and one for my second grader's teacher's birthday too.  And being from the South, I just HAD to add a monogram!  I used my Silhouette machine to make the monogram stencil.  I used "Contribute" font and cut it out of a thick cardstock.  I taped the monogram stencil to the bag with double sided tape and regular scotch tape.  I didn't have any problems with bleed through, but just to be careful I added wax paper and sheets of paper in between the two sides of the bag.  I mixed half fabric textile medium and half of my acrylic paint color (my new favorite color -  Anita's craft paint Hawaii - love!).  I carefully painted the monogram on with a thin brush.  I did 3 coats, let the paint dry completely, then carefully removed the stencil.  On the teacher's bag, I also used fabric glue to attach a strip of ribbon and a bow.  I think I'm going to have to make more of these!

Another One:

Another One Using a Different Bag:

More!:

No comments:

Post a Comment