Thursday, October 4, 2012

Halloween Food

A few Halloween food ideas:

Spider Web Dip
This recipe was adapted from Divine Dinner Party website.
Ingredients:
1 16 ounce can refried black beans
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 4 ounce can diced green chilies, drained
1 cup salsa
1 cup guacamole
1 cup shredded cheese
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup sour cream
Bag of tortilla chips

Directions:
Combine refried beans and taco seasoning.  Spread into the bottom of a pie plate.  Layer green chilies, salsa, & guacamole on top of beans.  Sprinkle cheese and green onions in a circle around the edges of the pie plate.  Put sour cream in a ziploc bag and snip a small hole in the corner of the bag.  Use the sour cream to make circles and lines in a spider web shape.  Insert a plastic spider ring in the center.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Halloween Cupcakes
These are just box mix and can icing, but they look really cute!  I used spider web cupcake liners, orange & green sprinkles with spiders, & plastic spider rings.  I printed the 2" Halloween tags and mounted them on black coffee stirrers.  I got the tags as a free printable HERE.

Ghost Pizza
I was in a hurry when I was doing this on Halloween night or it would have been neater, but it still tasted good!  I used the Jiffy box pizza dough mix and followed their directions.  I pressed the dough into a ghost shape and added toppings.  I had 1 cheese pizza for the kids and 1 supreme pizza for the adults.  On the supreme pizza, I layered pizza sauce, a little pizza cheese, pepperoni, sausage crumbles, mushrooms, green peppers, and lots of pizza cheese.  To both pizzas, I added 3 pepperonis for the ghost eyes and mouth!


Jack-O-Lantern Grilled Cheese
I just used a cookie cutter to make a jack-o-lantern face on one slice of bread for each grilled cheese sandwich.  The kids loved them!  For the adults, I also had a crockpot full of soup to go with the sandwiches and to warm us up after trick-or-treating!


No comments:

Post a Comment